Welcome to the website of San Juan County Public Hospital District #3, doing business as Orcas Island Health Care District (OIHCD). OIHCD was formed by a 76% vote of the people on April 24th, 2018, and the five elected Commissioners were sworn in on May 8, 2018.
The Commissioners serving as the inaugural governing Board, and their initial terms, are as follows:
- Richard Fralick, President (Seat 1; term ends 2023)
- Pegi Groundwater (Seat 2; term ends 2021)
- Art Lange (Seat 3; term ends 2023)
- Diane Boteler (Seat 4; term ends 2019)
- Patty Miller, Secretary (Seat 5; term ends 2021)
After wrapping up a busy first year, and recognizing this is an initial effort, the Commissioners adopted an initial Statement of Purpose for OIHCD. The Orcas Island Health Care District’s purpose is to ensure that island-appropriate, quality primary, acute and after-hours medical care is available to all the members of our community in a financially sustainable and cost-effective manner.
The Commissioners are committed to actively engaging with the community. They encourage the public to attend all Board meetings, and provide time on every Agenda for public comments at the start and end of Regular Board meetings. The meeting materials are posted on the Meeting Materials tab at least 24 hours in advance. Any meeting cancellations will also be posted online at least 24 hours in advance of cancellation.
The Board strives to provide information in a timely and transparent manner. On the website you will find the following information and documentation:
- Meeting Documents including Agenda & supporting materials that will be acted upon in the meeting
- A list of Agendas can also be found on a separate tab
- Minutes of Regular & Special Board meetings, once approved
- News Flash & Notices will provide information on any meeting changes and also let you know when meeting materials are posted
- Board Resolutions lists all adopted Resolutions
- Governing Documents including Bylaws, Clinical Service Agreements, Polices & Procedures, and the Annual Budget materials
- Contact information for District Commissioners and Superintendent
- Meetings Calendar provides information of all Board meetings including venue, time and any changes to the regular schedule